SELAMAT DATANG - WELCOME - AHLAN WASAHLAN - HUANYING

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rubbing Shoulders with Celebrities

Staying far far away from homeland does not deprive you from meeting those making waves back home. Especially when you're staying in London, more often than not you would be able to meet all the more established local celebrities there, either during their holidays or having special programmes to entertain the foreign based Malaysians over there.

Latest to make his appearance in London is Mawi. My brother, Jafri and his family who reside in London met Mawi last Wednesday and took the opportunity to have a photograph of them together taken.

Here's the photo sent over the internet for all to see.

Talking about rubbing shoulders with celebrities, I too had my fair share of such experience with international acclaimed celebrities when I was in London a few months back.

They include, Shah Rukh Khan

Daniel Radcliffe, the Harry Potter fame

John Travolta and Samuel E. Jackson

and Amitabh Bachchan

The only difference between my rubbing shoulders with the celebrities and Jafri's experience is that Mawi rubs back but those I met in London just stared at me without uttering a single word.

Oh, I forgot, they are not real people but just dummies made of wax on display at London's Madame Tussads. Got you there, ha ha!

Happy weekend folks!

Jasni AJ

No comments: